Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

Yes, I am obsessed. A big group of us went to see Twilight last night. My mom and I arrived at the theatre an hour and a half before the movie started and ended up being second in line with a nice place to sit while waiting. By the time they let us in, the line behind us was ridiculously long. We ended up with great seats!
After watching the trailers, I was convinced that I wasn't going to like the movie. I was convinced that the actors were all wrong and they were going to kill a book that I love. But, they really didn't. The meat of the story is there, abbreviated, but there for the most part. The actors who play Edward and Bella are really good, so much better than I thought.
I really only have one complaint. There needed to be more of the romance. We needed to see more of why they fell in love and what they were like together. They left out my favorite part, where Bella wakes up in Edward's arms and he has heard her say that she loves him in her sleep. Bella says, but you already knew that. That's good stuff right there!
Thanks Mom H for the tickets!

4 comments:

Abes and Stace said...

Ok so I was also skeptical of it but then thought it was ok. Kristen Stewart who played Bella is someone I cannot stand though! And - in the book I was so in love with Edward, but in the movie he is so hunched over and frail looking all the time, not the "sexy protector" he is in the book. I found myself lusting after James the whole time I watched, instead of Edward. My favorite character of the movie was Esme. She was fabulous!
It's so fun to hear everyone's opinion on it all!

Amber Burt said...

It was fun, thanks for saving us a spot in line! It was good even the second time around.

Kristin&JasonRandall said...

Adrian... So, I am pretty sure that Edward really needs to hit the gym! Honestly.. his lack of muscles were quite obvious!! And the "spider-monkey" comment?! Really. Although I will admit that I think overall, they did quite a great job with the casting... and the movie... Seeing how they had quite the expectations to live up to...

Terra L said...

We saw it in California on Friday!! Even Clint liked the movie although it should have been about an hour longer to do the romance part justice. I think they should have made a mini-series like two weeks long so that they could put EVERYTHING in!