Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This was our year with my mom for Thanksgiving dinner, which is always fantastic because we don't cook! Instead we headed to Stein Erickson's lodge at Deer Valley with our fabulous friends and their fabulous friends. With my extended family living so far away while I was growing up I have come to believe that family is whoever you want them to be. I consider good friends my chosen family, which is what I am most thankful for this year. Bryce and I are so lucky to have such great families and such great friends. The lovely ladies, Amelia, Davee, my mom and me after making several trips through the buffet line! PS. they have an entire room devoted to dessert, Yum-o!
After dinner we headed to Bryce's grandparent's house for dessert. Yes, for those of you math geniuses out there that does make 2 desserts! It's just that Aunt Peggy's apple pie is so good I can't pass it up (and I don't even like pie). I thought this pic was so cute, grandma reading a story to her great-grandchildren.
And of course, then there's Bella, so cute! We bonded over some Coke Zero and pumpkin pie. Don't really know which she liked better, but I did end up having to hide the coke and distract her with some poker chips (not sure that was better, but at least she wouldn't be on a caffeine high that night)!

3 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

sounds like you had a great Turkey Day. Seriously, that Bella is adorable. You and Bryce could show her up though with your own:)

jillandjeremy said...

We missed you guys on Thanksgiving, but I love the Stein Erickson Lodge. It is so pretty up there. Cute pics of the kids as always. love ya.

Janessa Whatcott said...

Love you guys!