Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cyclops Cat

Ever had a project that didn't turn out like the picture on the box? We've all been there right? Meet Cyclops Cat, affectionately referred to as CC. On one of my many trips to Michaels I picked up a "Cuddly Pom Kit" which makes one cuddly cat, or so I thought! I thought it would be fun for our neighbor Erin to do while she was over at our house. The kit says a "fun and easy project" ages 7 and up. Perfect, I thought, because Erin is 7, plus she loves cats. About the only "easy" think about the project was getting the box open. We quickly determined that regular Elmer's glue wasn't working, so we switched to instant adhesive gel, which is not suitable for children 7 and up! We did end up having a pretty good time putting it together. We were laughing so hard while trying not to glue our fingers together at the same time!
The end result, looks just like the box right? Oh, we got the name Cyslops Cat because the kit only came with one eye. Either that or we lost the other one, who knows! I have to admit: Fun, yes Easy, absolutely not! It doesn't advertise that it is cute, just cuddly, so I can agree with that!

2 comments:

Terra L said...

Poor CC - how it must suck to only have one eye and not be cute! But we had a hoot making her... er it! :)

Aubrie West said...

That is so funny. I swear that happens with most children's project no matter what.