Friday, August 22, 2008

Funeral in Chicago

Bryce and I spent August 16-21 in Chicago to attend my Uncle's funeral. My Uncle Ray died at the age of 84 on August 12. I was very thankful that I was able to visit him in May when he was still going strong. He was an incredibly smart, genuine, caring and thoughtful person. I will remember him quite fondly as we had many wonderful times together. He was a great uncle and I feel very blessed for all the time I had with him.

I was able to visit with my cousin Stephanie and her family while we were in Chicago. She has four great kids and a wonderful husband. Her youngest looks just like my daddy when he was little.

My Aunt and Uncle were almost married for 57 years (2 weeks short). My Aunt June has been very strong through this and is planning on moving to a retirement home in the middle of September. I of course, cried through the entire funeral from the time I sat in my chair until we all got up and went to the luncheon. Not surprising for those of you who know me. I love you Uncle Ray, you will be missed.

4 comments:

Amber Burt said...

I have been meaning to call you, and I am a jerk-I will just admit to that now! I was sorry to hear about your uncle. I didn't even know until Mom told me that she was taking you to the airport. I hope you had a good time in Chicago, considering the circumstances.

missy said...

So sorry, to hear about your Uncle.

Molly Malia said...

hey look whose blogging! yow!

Janessa Whatcott said...

I am sorry about your uncle. It must of been nice to see family though. I love your trip pictures!